Monday, February 16, 2009

I don’t know who I am.
I am a student.
I am a sister.
I am a victim.
I am a fighter.
I am a statistic.
I am eccentric.
I am invisible.
I am a disappointment.
I am a dreamer and a nonbeliever.
I am a realist.
I am an optimist.
I am suffering.
I am determined.
I am a quitter.
I am trying.
I am overwhelmed.
I am sorry.
I am..
No one you haven’t met before.
What do I have to say?
Nothing that hasn’t been heard.
How do I know?
I’ve been told.
I’ve been told to
Forget
Settle
Let go
Try harder
And to pretend.
I’ve been told I am
Strong but
Weak.
I have been called worse things.
I am afraid of dying.
I am desperate for approval.
I am angry.
I am sad all of the time.
I am ignored.
I am condescending.
I am a façade.
I am a rumor.
I am all of these things.
I am who they tell me to be.

No comments: