Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't you put me on the backburner.

Thankfully, I set my alarm clock to The Killers this morning. I hadn't used them for a wake up call in a while and I forgot how much I loved them. I woke up in a good mood, didn't throw my phone across the room or press snooze 2390348 times. This, I think, is reason enough to salute The Killers and their melodic, uplifting tunes that someone can enjoy even at 7:15 a.m.




I also really loved Elizabethtown and I think it is underrated. I mean, Paula Deen is in it - that alone makes it great. Even though the movie was basically a Garden State cover, I still think Orlando Bloom did an awesome job. Plus, it has a "Free Bird" scene that lasts for like 10 minutes.



Back to the Killers, I have to say I really only liked Hot Fuss. I'm not sure if it's because I have memories of my old best friend and I blasting it out car windows or because I actually love the music. Maybe it's the former because I haven't liked any of their music since Hot Fuss. Except.. maybe.. GLAMOROUS, INDDIIEE ROCCK AND ROLL FOR MEEEEE.

I have lost touch with a lot of the bands I used to cherish.. like, The Shins, Bright Eyes (I do in fact miss Conor Oberst), Taking Back Sunday, Brand New.. and probably a lot more.

It's a shame.. because lately, I've really hated the music on the radio. The songs all say the same thing and it wasn't good the first time. I feel like I've been lost when it comes to music and I am looking to find good, moving music that shook me the same way the previous bands did.

No comments: